6 Marketing Ideas for Businesses with a Small Budget
You don’t need a big marketing budget to attract new customers. Below we explain six low-cost strategies to get more out of your marketing spend.
1. Use Guerrilla Marketing
2. Run Newsjacking Campaigns
Newsjacking is when a company leverages a big news story to draw attention to their advertising. For example, during a blackout at the 2013 Superbowl, Oreo tweeted this:
3. Hand Out Promotional Products
Give customers free branded promotional products that are useful and practical. It'll remind people of your brand as they use these products in their daily lives. You can get your brand on products such as pens, magnets, calendars. For example, at Lendified we keep branded pens for people to take when they visit our office. You could also use StickerYou to create custom decals and stickers for customers.
4. Use Social Media Advertising
5. Run a Giveaway
6. Go Green
- Apply to a Green Government Program - Some of these programs include the EcoAction Community Funding Program and Green Infrastructure Program.
- Partner with an Environmental Group - There are many Canadian Environmental Groups that you can volunteer with or donate to.
- Reduce your Carbon-Footprint - Consider using recycled materials for your products, going paperless, working with green suppliers, or using recycled materials for packaging.
These marketing ideas will help you gain new customers without breaking your budget. Before running a campaign, it's important to set goals for yourself so you can track its performance. Here are a few tips for setting marketing goals for your small business.
To get more small business resources, sign up for our newsletter!
Enjoy this article? Don’t forget to share.
About the Author
Lendified is Canada's premier online lender for small businesses. The company was founded by former bank executives dedicated to provide businesses with fast, easy, and affordable financing. The Lendified team regularly produces blogs and guides to help small business owners succeed.